Thursday, May 14, 2009

Marcello's Take on Women in Flip-Flops





From: Boris <boris_trucco@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:15 AM
To: Marcello
Subject: How did it go?


You sounded quite excited about meeting with Crystal this Saturday at the bistro. How did it go? Did you close the deal?



From: Marcello <RubiniM@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 1:15 PM
To: Boris
Subject: How did it go?

I had to let her go.

Sent from my BlackBerry




From: Boris <boris_trucco@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 1:27 PM
To: Marcello
Subject: How did it go?


Why? I introduced her to you assuming that she'd be within your target range. Crystal strikes me as the kind of wild blonde. She's single, an accomplished graphic designer. Eager for fun. Did the date go wrong?




From: Marcello <RubiniM@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:13 PM
To: Boris
Subject: How did it go?


It wasn't that Crystal's ambitions were out of sight. I can understand that. After all, she's in her late 20s.
It wasn't that Crystal's vocabulary was still on the make, somehow stuck at pre-college levels.
It wasn't that, in verbalizing her reaction to what's going on in the world, her choice of words overflows with "awesome," "remarkable" and "I'm like--"
It is that Crystal showed up at the bistro on a Saturday evening wearing flip flops.

Sent from my BlackBerry




From: Boris <
boris_trucco@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:15 PM
To: Marcello
Subject: How did it go?


I don't know what to say, man.




From: Marcello <RubiniM@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:33 PM
To: Boris
Subject: How did it go?

I just don't get it. Women have the privilege of getting to choose from the most beautiful shoes available to them. Yet the best young women today can come up with are flip flops? For a date at a fancy bistro? WTF.

Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment